Life Is a Mosaic Itself! Top 10 Mosaic Quotes of All Time
Why is mosaic art so popular? Whenever we feature a new piece of mosaic artwork on our blog, it makes a strong impression. In person, it’s touchable and approachable, and so appealing.
Beyond that, handmade mosaic art has inspired numerous writers over the years. Also, the concept of many small pieces forming a finished piece of art stretches across cultures and emotions. It’s an idea that describes our lives, with all the joys and complications that they hold.
Top Ten Fantastic Mosaic Quotes
1. “We are mosaics. Pieces of light, love, history, stars… Glued together with magic and music and words.”― Anita Krizzan
The idea that the very essence of our being is formed from our experiences, relationships, inspiration, and a dash of cosmic beauty is quite lovely, isn’t it? Poet Anita Krizzan’s lines speak to the moments we are happily aware of our existence.
Our Lady in Blue mosaic wall art captures this feeling. Serene blues, swirling mosaic patterns, gentle doves and bright flowers surround a woman. Moreover, her closed eyes and peaceful expression show a woman who is receptive to her personal voice and her ties to the world around her.
2. “…but beautiful mosaics are made of broken pieces.”― Lori Jenessa Nelson
This line of poetry is not only true in the literal sense – a mosaic pattern can indeed be made of all kinds of broken pieces! – but applies to life. Nelson has always written movingly about love, loss, and moving on. Simply, none of us are immune to heartbreak, we think it’s a powerful choice to celebrate the beauty that can manifest as we heal and grow.
That being said, our glass mosaic wall art selection is a great symbol of that change. Butterflies, known for their transformation, and luscious blooms are rendered in luminous tile pieces.
3. “Your life moves in patterns toward things, and things that we achieve finally are part of this mosaic. I just think that we create our own fate.”– Arne Glimcher
We think that art dealer and film director Glimcher would appreciate the style of this marble mosaic art. And, his belief that we are still the captains of our fate in a bigger pattern is depicted here quite literally. Anyone who navigates a busy life can identify with this figure skillfully walking a tightrope.
4. “One should make one’s life a mosaic. Let the general design be good, the colors lively, and the materials diversified.”– Marthe Bibesco
French author Bibesco believed that our lives should be fully realized. Reading her words, the sense of someone creating a wonderful variety of interests and tapping into our inspirations fits perfectly with the mosaic art of “Listening to Music”.
The swirl of colors, slightly abstract design, and enraptured expressions of the flutist and listener evoke a full life and an appreciation of art
5. “We are not here to fit in…we are here to be eccentric, different, perhaps strange, perhaps merely to add our small piece, our little clunky, chunky selves, to the great mosaic of being… to become more and more ourselves.”– James Hollis
What a wonderful celebration of our individual beauty exists in Hollis’s lines! Daring to be different and add our quirky contributions without fear – well, we found a perfect representation.
Actually, this glass mosaic art shows a figure who is self-assured and possibly a bit cheeky. As they confidently sport their unique ties to nature atop their head, they dare us to believe in them.
6. “For ages happiness has been represented as a huge precious stone, impossible to find, which people seek for hopelessly. It is not so; happiness is a mosaic, composed of a thousand little stones, which separately and of themselves have little value, but which united with art form a graceful design.”– Delphine de Girardin
Small and perfect moments, as Girardin reminds us, form a greater happiness. And this custom mosaic tile piece is a great example. The sweetness of the brother and sister holding hands is captured forever in this handmade mosaic.
7. “Our lives are a mosaic of little things, like putting a rose in a vase on the table.”– Ingrid Trobisch
We can think of no better way to illustrate this sentiment than this celebration of uncut roses. The old saying about stopping to smell the roses is also appropriate. No doubt, this piece of floral mosaic wall art would be perfect in the garden, reminding us to appreciate small beauties even in the dead of winter.
8. “Music is, for me, like a beautiful mosaic which God has put together. He takes all the pieces in his hand, throws them into the world, and we have to recreate the picture from the pieces.”– Jean Sibelius
Composer and violinist Sibelius, known for his symphonies and tone poems, felt music everywhere. Hence, his description of musical inspiration everywhere will seem familiar to anyone with a creative bent.
This lively mosaic art abstraction of music, musicians, and flow of notes is a nearly perfect depiction of how the creative process feels.
9. “It dances today, my heart,
like a peacock it dances,
It sports a mosaic of passions like a peacock’s tail,
It soars to the sky with delight, it quests,
Oh wildly, it dances today, my heart,
like a peacock it dances.”– Rabindranath Tagore
Poet and artist Tagore expresses the emotions of love and likens them to a shimmering, vibrating peacock’s tail. So, if you’ve ever been lucky enough to see this colorful display in person, you know how memorable it is.
For anyone celebrating their romance, this handmade mosaic art is a wonderful way to show it. The peacock has just leaped on top of a rock to show off for his beloved, leaving his glorious tail draped behind him for us to admire.
10. “Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.”– Jennifer E. Smith
We close out our quotes with this satisfying tribute to love and marriage. Author Smith simultaneously offers advice to newlyweds and celebrates anniversaries in these lines. As always, she reminds couples to treasure the small moments as they happen, and remember them together in the future.
We feel that the rapturous celebration of true love shown in Klimt’s “Kiss” would be a wonderful gift for a wedding or anniversary, sent with these words.
Which of our quotes provides the most inspiration for you? If you’re ever looking for the best way to illustrate your thoughts, we have an immense selection of mosaic art designs to choose from. In short, if it’s hard to express, just ask us about our custom mosaics!